Thursday 26 August 2010

Excellent new cover for paperback of City of Ruin

Mark Charan Newton released the cover image for the forthcoming paperback of City of Ruin. This is the second book in his Legends of the Red Sun series. And isn't it lovely? Much better than the slightly 'Manga-like' image of Brynd used on the hardback. Here it is, full-size...


The artwork is by Richard Jones, and a fine job it is too. 
I have reviewed City of Ruin here: http://speculativebookreview.blogspot.com/2010/05/review-city-of-ruin-by-mark-charan.html I gave it 10/10 as it was absolutely brilliant! Yes, I loved it and am eagerly awaiting book three.
I also reviewed the first book in the series, Nights of Villjamur on Amazon UK (I wasn't blogging then) here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1G8UCH5J9J5PG/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview I gave it 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. I just saw your comment on Twitter regarding Brynd's roots... He doesn't bleach his hair, honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has zero to do with cover art but I'm really excited to start this series :) Now I must read your review of Nights of Villjamur. :)

    ReplyDelete